This is a detailed list of updates and changes in individual Simple DNS Plus v. 9.1 builds.
For an overview of the major new features in v. 9.1 click here.
Version 9.1 builds
Version 9.1 build 116
- Improved Faster resolving in certain scenarios (now parallelizes sub-requests to resolve IP addresses of a domain's DNS servers).
- Improved Can now resolve domains hosted on DNS servers that do not correctly echo request name casing and do not accept TCP connections - also with the DNS0X20 option (randomizing request name character casing) enabled. This is achieved by re-sending requests to get extra entropy through new port number / request ID (= 32 extra random bits) instead.
- Fixed DynDNS service plug-in - plug-in error/stall when receiving HTTP HEAD request (new plug-in v. 1.0.1 included)
Version 9.1 build 115
- Added New plug-in interface "ILookupRecord" for plug-ins designed to fetch a single DNS record of any type.
- Improved The "Fixed Host Name" plug-in updated to use new "ILookupRecord" interface (and thus no longer requires an "Unlimited zones" license).
Version 9.1 build 114
- Fixed Malformed DNS response could cause program crash
Version 9.1 build 113
- Fixed Could not resolve subdomains names under "...mail.protection.outlook.com" - and possibly names on other DNS servers not supporting EDNS0 - when EDNS0 was enabled along with the option to only accept responses via UDP which echo the corresponding request's question section (now removed).
- Removed Option to only accept responses via UDP which echo the corresponding request's question section (Options dialog / DNS / Resolver / Recursion section). UDP responses without a question section are now retried via TCP. UDP responses with a non-matching question section are always ignored.
Version 9.1 build 112
- Fixed Repeated TCP probes caused program crash
- Fixed Malformed DNS request could cause program crash
Version 9.1 build 111
- Fixed Program crash when resolver received ICMP Destination unreachable / TTL expired message (when using random request ports).
Version 9.1 build 110
- Improved Resolver algorithm improved and optimized.
- Fixed Uptime value in the status bar and stats not accumulated for multiple start-pause sessions.
- Added In console mode (sdnsmain.exe -c) type c=clear cache, s=status, p=pause/resume
Version 9.1 build 109
- Fixed Plug-in DNS lookup result with CNAME-record might be ignored.
- Improved Synchronous plug-in events now executed inline (also fixes log ordering)
Version 9.1 build 108
- Fixed Server executable (sdnsmain.exe) might not fully terminate after service shutdown / GUI shutdown request, causing problems with restarts.
- Fixed If configured to listen for DNS requests on "any local IP address", it might send responses from a different IP address than the incoming request was sent to - causing various issues.
- Fixed Import standard zone file function resulted in "Could not load zone file" error message for good zone files.
- Fixed Microsoft DNS servers not able to zone transfer, or request records via TCP from Simple DNS Plus.
Version 9.1 build 107
- Fixed TCP "probe connections" prompted memory leak.
- Fixed Threading issue caused occasional crash with "Collection was modified after the enumerator was instantiated" error message.
- Fixed DynDNS Service plug-in - offline user caused NullReferenceException on DNS query.
- Improved Database update thread optimized.
Version 9.1 build 106
- Fixed Occasionally sent corrupted DNS responses over TCP when many simultaneous connections.
Version 9.1 build 105
- Fixed Zone transfers failed for large zones
- Fixed Super Master/Slave synchronization failed with many zones.
Version 9.1 build 104
- Fixed Problem with NAPTR-records caused various issues.
Version 9.1 build 103
- Fixed Crash on outbound TCP resolver connection.
Version 9.1 build 102
- Improved When using random ports for outbound requests (default), received ICMP error messages on UDP resolver sockets (socket errors 10052/10054) are now processed as DNS error responses, preventing additional request resends. This reduces network traffic and improves resolver response time.
- Improved Socket errors 10052/10054 on UDP sockets are now logged as ICMP messages (including origin IP address), and are no longer classified as errors (meaning that they no longer show up in the log, if you only log errors and warnings).
- Fixed Empty "Automatic SPF" section in Options dialog (removed)
Version 9.1 build 101
- Fixed Threading issue related to inbound TCP connections occasionally caused program crash.
Version 9.1 build 100
- First release of version 9.1 Details.