- Does the 10 connections limit on Windows XP affect Simple DNS Plus?
- How do I backup and restore Simple DNS Plus settings and data? (v. 4.00 and earlier)
- How do I backup and restore Simple DNS Plus settings and data? (v. 5.x)
- How do I backup and restore Simple DNS Plus settings and data? (v. 6.0 and later)
DNS over HTTPS (DoH) / DNS over TLS (DoT)
- How to enable DNS over HTTPS (DoH) in Chrome
- How to enable DNS over HTTPS (DoH) in Edge
- How to enable DNS over HTTPS (DoH) in Firefox
- How to enable DNS over HTTPS (DoH) in Windows 11
- How to enable DNS over HTTPS (DoH) in Windows Server 2022
- Does Simple DNS Plus support the new top level domain names? (.travel .mobi .jobs etc.)
- How do I register an Internet Domain Name?
- How do I update my domain name to be served by my own DNS servers?
- How to use domain names with international characters (IDN) in Simple DNS Plus and web-servers
- Using unqualified domain names (names with no dots)
- Does Simple DNS Plus support dynamic DNS updates?
- DynDNS clients supporting TSIG signed updates
- How to intercept dyndns.org (Dyn.com) updates from Internet/NAT routers
- HTTP based dynamic DNS service (DynDNS)
- Using DirectUpdate with Simple DNS Plus
Features and functions
- ALIAS-records (Auto Resolved Alias)
- Can I create my own e-mail server IP blacklist (RBL/DNSBL) with Simple DNS Plus?
- Can Simple DNS Plus be run as a Windows Service (a.k.a. "NT service")?
- Does Simple DNS Plus support Active Directory?
- Does Simple DNS Plus support sub-domains (like subname.example.com)?
Firewalls / NAT routers / Proxy servers
General DNS topics
- Dan Kaminsky's DNS bug / VU#800113
- Does Simple DNS Plus support split-horizon / split-view / BIND views?
- ENUM - Mapping telephone numbers to SIP or e-mail addresses in DNS
- How do you use NSLOOKUP with MX records?
- How to make Simple DNS Plus respond with the same IP address for any domain name
- Alias Zones plug-in
- Auto SPF plug-in
- Blocking DNS requests from IP addresses in blacklist
- Blocking DNS requests from specific countries
- Clone Response plug-in
Setup and configuration
- Arranging and docking windows in Simple DNS Plus
- Basic DNS Server Configuration Example
- Can I run multiple instances on the same computer? (Simple DNS Plus v. 4.00 and earlier)
- Can I run multiple instances on the same computer? (Simple DNS Plus v. 5.0 and later)
- Can I specify a TCP/IP port number for my web-server in DNS? (Other than the standard port 80)
- "The system failed to register host (A) resource records (RRs) for network adapter..." warning in Windows event log
- Error 481 Invalid Picture
- Error 5 "Invalid procedure call or argument" in "sdnsplus.exe"
- Error 53 - File not found
- Error message "Could not start DNS service on <ip-address> port 53 UDP (Socket error 10049 The requested address is not valid in its context)"
- I have a cable modem (always connected), but I only have one IP address. Can I still run a DNS server for my own domain name?
- I have an "always on" Internet connection (cable, DSL, etc.), but my IP address is assigned dynamically. Can I still run my own DNS server?
- What are the system requirements for Simple DNS Plus?
- Can I do web redirection with Simple DNS Plus?
- Can I use Simple DNS Plus to make my web-server access different directories / files on my computer for different domain names? (Sometimes referred to as "virtual hosting")
- Configure web-site for access with and without the 'www' domain name prefix
- Virtual hosting with IIS (Internet Information Services) (IIS 6.0 (Windows XP / Server 2003) and earlier)
- Virtual hosting with IIS (Internet Information Services) (IIS 7.0 (Windows Vista / Server 2008) and later)
- New in Simple DNS Plus (v. 5.0)
- New in Simple DNS Plus (v. 5.1)
- New in Simple DNS Plus (v. 5.2)
- New in Simple DNS Plus (v. 5.3)
- New in Simple DNS Plus (v. 6.0)